Hi All,

We're using OSM and pgrouting and it's GREAT!

Something that I have found difficult to come to terms with, is assigning a
"default speed" for unclassified roads (without a maxspeed tag). This is
because in metro area's these are most-likely to be 50kph. However, out in
regional areas these are likely to be 100kph.

*Examples:*

Unclassified Roads in Brisbane: Likely to be 50kph (default)
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1hLK

Unclassified Roads in Yorke Peninsula Council: Likely to be 100kph (default)
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1hLL

*Question:*

What would be the best approach to achieving a more realistic speed given
the above (while also taking into consideration the tagging guidelines)?

Thanks in advance
Andrew