On 8/10/22 03:06, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

Cleared a note to add a ford / river-crossing to a road in Cape York: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1025490234, & added both a "ford" node, & also changed the actual river crossing to a track with 4wd only & similar tags.

Wondering if we should include those sort of details in the Guidelines? eg

4wd_only=extreme

bicycle=no

foot=no

highway=track

horse=no

motor_vehicle=yes

smoothness=horrible

tracktype=grade8

& possibly even hazard=wild_animals + animals=crocodile!

(not from AU or Queensland but)

To add to what Ian has said already, the foot, horse, bicycle etc. are legal access tags - if that mode of transport isn't legally permitted to cross there then e.g. horse=no would be correct, but otherwise not.

A tag such as horse_scale can be used to suggest how appropriate something is for that mode of transport, much like the example already uses "4wd_only=extreme" alongside "motor_vehicle=yes".

Personally I'd be very reticent about tagging "smoothness" remotely as well.

Best Regards,

Andy