On Aug 10, 2022, at 10:05 PM, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The hazard tag https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:hazard seems like a
> good fit to warn of crocs.

Agreed:  I shared some input with the author on this tag.  It is deliberately
"open-ended" with rough/loose categories right now of area hazards, traffic
hazards, water (-related) hazards...with the latter being both likely a good
sub-category for crocs (I could be wrong, though I think they are aquatic), as
it already has hazard:leeches (and I quote from its Description column):
"Leeches are present."

See the wiki, stroke your chin, talk to a fellow mapper (or three) about how
they might like to map crocs, perhaps add a row of hazard:crocodiles to the
wiki and tag accordingly (Bob's your uncle).

Imagine how Australian you'll feel being the one to add the row to that wiki
with "Crocodiles are present."