Mike

I generally agree with your logic expect that for your second point the
Victorian law Barrs riding on footpaths and the like unless it specifically
signed. In which case the any footpath, path etc would have bicycle=no unless
specific signage is present to indicate that cycling is permitted.

I think the query needed to be phrased specifically around victorian rules and
regulations.

On your third point, mapping needs to consider what is the “lawful” permission
of the way. Just because you could use a way via a specific mode of transport
does not mean it is lawful e.g riding a bike or drive a tractor on a motorway/
freeway.

regards,

Sebastian