Ian

I see what you are are saying but it does not appear that you are reading the
law as it is written as people under the age of 13 are an exception to the
rule.

The law essentially says you cannot ride on a footpath etc, expect if you are
under the age of 13.
Noting that this law of exclusion applies to the majority of the population and
only a small minority are granted permissions under a specific exemption.

On that basis as the majority are excluded from using it any default tagging
should follow bicycle=no

regards,

Sebastian