From: Sebastian Azagra via Talk-au <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Sunday, 9 October 2022 10:17 PM
To: Dian Ågesson <m...@diacritic.xyz>
Cc: OSM Australian Talk List <talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Cycle permissions by a user

Dian,

The permissive tag can be a bit misleading as it assume that permissions is
allowed until such time that it is revoked. The reality is that the State
Government  or local council arent going to go and specifically revoke access
to a user.

Whatever happened to mapping what’s on the ground?

I want to draw you attention to an example I can across today. This was had no
visible sign to indicate it was a shared way but it is tagged as a shared way
in OSM.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/903736648#map=17/-38.15145/145.29173

Can I get peoples opinion when it is acceptable to change the way too something
more appropriate such as a footpath or set permissions to bicycle=no ?

regards,

Sebastian

On 9 Oct 2022, at 12:18 pm, Dian Ågesson <m...@diacritic.xyz