I am not familiar with the use of heatmaps for mapping but, if it involves
adding non-officlal trails, then I consider it potentially dangerous and not
suitable for OSM.

I have a strong view that mappers and publishers of maps have a public safety
responsibility. There should be nothing misleading and nothing likely to lead
naive users into danger.  In New South Wales and most other places, national
parks have management which assesses and identifies safe trails.

I consider that, in national parks and similar places, marked tracks should be
shown in OSM but not tracks that may endanger map users (or endanger vulnerable
plants or animals in wilderness areas).