On 28/9/23 17:04, Michael Collinson wrote:
So, I think some sort agreed national level hierarchy of populated place is important in order to jive with cultural, legal, cultural and broad population density criteria. But to vary it locally or regionally is dangerous and I agree with cleary (if I am reading the quote levels right).

I'm in agreement. The current tagging guidelines are already too vague. I don't want to add on the idea that you can vary it across Australia, this will just encourage more place inflation.

I'd rather tighten up the definitions, so they are more verifiable.