We do have permissions to use this data it's listed in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Data_Sources#New_South_Wales,
however from looking at their changeset history, it looks like

1. They are conducting an import by en-mass blindly adding and replacing
existing data with the imported data
2. They may be engaging in directed mapping (being employed to make these
changes), since their changesets are all the same, importing speed limits,
except for one Local Knowledge changeset
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/131210459 in India.

If they want to conduct an import like this, they need to go through the
proper process, so based on and the issues you've rased it should be fine
to revert all their affected changes and then ask going forward to go
through the import guidelines
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_guidelines.