On 21/02/2024 11:45, Mark Pulley wrote:
I’ve got some further info on how this user has been editing (see comment on changeset https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/117791362 )

In short, Harsimranjit works for an un-named company. Unspecified people can report an incorrect speed limit on a road segment, it is verified (?how?) by someone else in the company, then goes to Harsimranjit who checks the claimed speed limit change with NSW Speed Zone Data, then if the NSW Speed Zone Data matches the proposed change, the edit is made. This process has obviously not worked in at least a few of these changesets (the ones I found had been changed incorrectly).

Separate to any other issues, at the very least, that company should be following the organised editing guidelines.  If you drop an email to d...@openstreetmap.org, we can try and persuade them to do so.  I don't think we've had a ticket or report about this particular one so far.

Best Regards,

Andy (from the DWG)