> On 18 May 2024, at 5:36 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/5/24 00:10, Mark Pulley wrote:
>> I’ve just uploaded a changeset deleting the overlapping ways for the Grand
>> Clifftop Walk.
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/151456052
> Thanks Mark. That is quite a bit of work.
>
> I would have done it later in a week or two, just to make certain there were
> no objections.
>
> I started the Grand Cliff Top Walk relation so as to get it on
> https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=17595958&type=relation&map=15.0/-33.7223/150.3398
>
> then I came across the overlapping ways ...
>
> My thoughts are ...
>
> You have to be very careful with using 'route signs' to name paths.
>
> Without knowledge the path name may not be the route name, so I would not tag
> the path with the name unless I could verified it.

I wasn’t sure if this last section was a general comment or specifically for
this changeset.
In this case, apart from deleting the duplicate 'Grand Cliff Top Walk’ ways, I
left the other ways as they were without changing names (apart from splitting
some ways to allow for the relation to work).

Mark P.