On 20/5/24 20:10, Mark Pulley wrote:
On 18 May 2024, at 5:36 PM, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 18/5/24 00:10, Mark Pulley wrote:
I’ve just uploaded a changeset deleting the overlapping ways for the Grand Clifftop Walk.

Thanks Mark. That is quite a bit of work.

I would have done it later in a week or two, just to make certain there were no objections.

I started the Grand Cliff Top Walk relation so as to get it on https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=17595958&type=relation&map=15.0/-33.7223/150.3398

then I came across the overlapping ways ...

My thoughts are ...

You have to be very careful with using 'route signs' to name paths.

Without knowledge the path name may not be the route name, so I would not tag the path with the name unless I could verified it.

I wasn’t sure if this last section was a general comment or specifically for this changeset.

A general comment. I could not take 'route markers' (where ever they might be) to imply the path name without more information.

The route relation is most useful for https://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/ and the renders who use the route relations.