Peter Leemans schreef:
> Hoi Marc,
>
> I can second this.
> I used up untill yesterday (I stupidly lost it while tracking) a same
> (but rebranded) I-Blue bt747.
> As I'm a linux user, I used mtkbabel to read the data.

mtkbabel  and gpsd, I suppose.

In fact, I do not need the gps dongle for tracking, but I use the Tomtom, with
the http://opentom.org TTracklog capabilities.

I know this app adds a log every 2 secs, and today I asked myself if it would
be difficumlt to log each sec, or less (no, we have the source code ).

I Also own a Evadeo GPS with IGN Jpeg maps 1/100000 and some 1/25000 maps (you
get 15 for free) (and of course the vectorised TeleAtlas stuff).
The Evadeo can log too, you put it in "pedestrian mode".

About the Navman icn (600 for me, but some others too): you can go into tech
menu with "ON+OK" to start up, then there is an item "send logs to usb, irda,
serial", and there, somthing might be possible.

See the Navman links, and others on the yahoogroups page:

Marc

--
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, ...