I'll look at it! Thank Jo.

Maybe I don't get a blue 'lining' because of my browser (Firefox 16 (beta)) or OS (Mac OSX 10.8.1)?

Kind regards,
Joren

Op 5/09/12 08:54, Jo schreef:
This is quite odd. When I try it with Potlatch, the target road gets a blue 'lining', whether there is a target node or not.

I'll work on a little video tutorial for JOSM tonight. I already created some for more complicated stuff in this channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyo77777yoyo

There is no sound. Some have captions, but unfortunately many of the shortcut keys were changed over the past few months.

b instead of w to create a building
del instead of d to delete what is selected
x is still extrude, but it's more efficient to double click to add a node on a building contour (while in extrude mode) than to add it with a, then select it with s. (so I have also been learning since I created those videos)

j will do what you want to do: join a node to the nearest way(s)
m will merge two or more nodes. The last node that was added to the selection is the one that will remain
g will detach a node from a way
c will combine two ways

Jo