On 2012-12-15 13:03, Jo wrote :

(And thanks for writing that letter, your French is quite good!)
Hi EeBie,

That's great news! Unfortunately we can't use their map or the GPX files from their web site without their explicit permission. I'll try to whip up a message in French to ask for that permission, but usually the answer to such requests is nyet. Meaning we'll have to go and survey it ourselves or with help of gpx files recorded by people who'll go out and ride them. The advantage of doing it ourselves is that it's possible to make a lot more pictures and notes and improve the rest of the data around there at the same time.

The copyright information must be written inside the metadata, obtained with a WMS Getcapabilities <http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/capabilities_1_1_1.xml> request to or extracted from the GPX XML file according the GPX schema (1.1) <http://www.topografix.com/gpx/1/1/gpx.xsd>. (just like finding the © written in a book or on a record dispenses everybody to inquire) But does a © on a map forbid photocopying the map or learning the route by heart and map it?

You can also consider listing *Les itinéraires touristiques balisés* <http://cgt.tourismewallonie.be/default.aspx?pg=9e9d7134-fa22-4015-b8d7-768eef2544f2> (legally official site) for Wallonie.
Several communes consider that the routes are both cycling and biking.
I have mapped routes in the commune Sprimont and Theux <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=13&lat=50.51982&lon=5.71373> with the official IDs. SP3 and most of TE is missing. I e-mailed both adms but I've got no reply. Someone made something similar in Tillf <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=14&lat=50.56067&lon=5.58773>, but I don't see any official IDs for Tilff.

I would have liked to add node numbers, but I could not find on the Belgian OSM wiki how they're assigned. How van I do that?

I made a cycle route here <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=14&lat=50.5256&lon=5.7969>. Completely unofficial and off the top of my head. I chose it because it's almost flat in a very hilly region, but I do not know how to show that on the map. How could I? I'd love to draw more if someone around got interested or ever replied to my e-mails.
Sprimont do not seem to officially list anything bike specific.
Should I be inventive and made unofficial routes?
I'm almost sure some kids nearby would help me.

We should request OSM to add Waymart map layers <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=13&lat=50.51982&lon=5.71373> to their site, they're simply great. Could we suggest firms that use GoogleMaps to use OpenStreetMap instead and to help them adding to OSM what they need?

<http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/en/?zoom=14&lat=50.5256&lon=5.7969>Please do not change what I mapped, but suggest anything you want.

Cordialement,

André.

I hope you don't mind I'm going to change your nodes a bit.

For one the nodes don't need network=rcn or bicycle=yes. It's enough if they have an rcn_ref tag. This is to avoid having to put network=rcn;rwn for nodes that are common between walking and cycling networks.

Cheers,

Jo