On 2012-12-26 10:59, Sander Deryckere wrote :
2012/12/25 A.Pirard.Papou <a.pirard.pa...@gmail.com>
On 2012-12-23 16:00, Jo wrote :
2012/12/23 A.Pirard.Papou <a.pirard.pa...@gmail.com>
I would have liked to add node numbers, but I could not find on the Belgian OSM wiki how they're assigned.  How can I do that?
The numbered nodes get rcn_ref with the number as the value.
OK, I had understood I must use the number as the number.
But, how are those numbers assigned?
That means: who chooses them or do we have to invent them ourselves and are there any rules.
This should be explained in the wiki so that it can be usable.

The numbers are chosen by the tourism agency responsible for your area. Like in my region, it's WestTour (http://www.westtoer.be).

They create maps, and they signpost the routes.