On 2013-11-11 19:28, Guy Vanvuchelen wrote :

> Ik sta op het punt om een nieuwe tablet te kopen. Maar ik geraak er
> maar niet uit of die een ingebouwde GPS moet hebben of niet. Heeft het
> nut i.v.m. het inbrengen van gegevens van OSM.   3G zie ik niet zitten.

It looks like a lapalissade, but a GPS receiver is only used to know
where the device is.
This means that without GPS you will be able to see maps but that you
will have to swipe them yourself as you move instead of the program
doing it according to the GPS.
This means that you, most sorrily, won't be able to track a trip (make a
GPX trace) or locate a point.
There are also surprising applications. With GPS, you may subscribe to a
server that will (hopefully) tell you where your device is if you lost
it, and even erase your data if you give up getting it back. But that
needs 3G.

3G is not necessary for most OSM based applications. They use "offline"
maps (stored inside the device).
For other applications that must access the Internet to get the map,
it's possible to put and lock the data in cache while at home before the
trip. 3G is only needed to compute a new route or to access POIs.

As Marc said, a tablet may be over-sized.  As I don't really need one
very much but wanted to enjoy Android, I bought what they call a
phablet, a clone of Samsung Note i9220 aka n7000, which, with a 5.5
screen, is half way between a *ph*one and a t*ablet*.

Hoping this will help, enjoy.

André.