This can be done without using a relation. Multipolygons are widely used for landuse but this is the first I see as a relation ...

If the relation would have extra meaning to it (e.g. name="De trappistenstreek" ) it would have added value but as it stands, this is just adding complexity without adding value. But it's allowed according to the wiki.

Glenn