He might be the 'original author' but that doesn't mean he's the only one to react (or not). I'm expecting more reactions from the current mappers from that area who keep an eye on this using tools like whodidit ( http://zverik.osm.rambler.ru/whodidit/ )

And it's not about being offended by changes made on work of others (be it delete or change). It's about making sure noone is triggered to 'undo' the pending deletes. So we might have to repeat-explain our moves to several parties. It would be awesome to be able to put this sort of moves on the osm.be page and refer to that article in the changeset (url or source or note key for example.)

Glenn