I wouldn't have noticed the change, if it was not made by someone who has a
rather bad reputation at the moment (and which I consider as "new" as
well). Furthermore, the road was tagged as tertiary for 2 years by a much
more experienced mapper.

this rings some alarm for me. but if it's considered OK, I don't oppose to
the change

regards