What would strip=yes stand for? I think it might be interesting to indicate
whether there is a bay where the bus can get out of the way of other
traffic.

Now I indicate that by drawing public_transport=platform/highway=platform
around it, where applicable. Or it can be inferred from a separately drawn
cycleway.

Another thing which might be interesting, is to indicate what was used for
the positioning of the node.

- Actual survey of the position of the pole
- The B of the word B U S from aerial imagery (in France they have /\/\/\/\
instead)
- A corner of the separately drawn (from imagery)
amenity=shelter/shelter:type=public_transport

For the bench, I'd simply add a node with amenity=bench nowadays. For the
waste_basket too.

Jo