Are you mapping for the renderer or are you mapping to describe the route
the bus follows?

If you are mapping for the renderer it would seem to suffice to create
separate routes for the 'extensions', but sometimes they are not
extensions, but completely alternative routes.

So the only way that makes sense is to map a route from starting point to
end point in such a way that all stops for that variation of the route are
served.

I had corrected this in the one route you attempted to map. Why didn't you
look at the many, many routes I had already mapped in Flanders?

Once the stops are mapped (performing actual conflation and checking they
are properly positioned, thank you very much), I can provide you with
skeleton relations containing all the stops served by each variation for a
given route (a given sequence of stops, really). To limit the amount of
variations somewhat, the shorter variants of telescopic lines are not in
there.

Jo