As you could see from the link in my previous post, Mallien is mapped as a
node.

Ligfietser wrote:

"The OFM map looks at the administrative boundaries on OSM to assign the
streets to a place:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki … ries#Namur
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Boundaries#Namur>
First it looks in level 8 (municipality of Assese) and if available, it
looks deeper at a section (sub municipality) admin_level=9. I dont know if
this is the case in Maillen.
If there exists such a section of level 9, it must be entered in OSM. If
there is no section, streets could be tagged with is_in
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:is_in>
If those sections are not specified, the map cannot find a street in
Maillen so you must either enter Assesse or try another OSM map (no
guarantee it work either) or a commercial map."

So in order to make OFM work, we need the boundaries for Mallien as a
relation. We do not have them in OSM at this moment.
Those borders are hard to get. I don't know the situation for this in
Wallonia. In Flanders we have a lot of admin-level 9 boundaries
(deelgemeenten), but even there the list is not complete. Maybe Julien
Fastré or André know more about this.
In general, we have to base ourselves on out-of-date maps for the borders.
We are not allowed to copy them from Google or other institutions that ask
a lot of money for that data. Sometimes governments open up a datasource
with those boundaries. This is not the case in Belgium.

Furthermore most recent databases from the government do not care about
those "deelgemeenten", which makes it even harder to get access to a source
to use.

regards