Hi,

We need to be careful not to burn up everybody and make sure we don't
overstep on what we can handle. There are still just about 5-8 people
willing to contribute in some way so I think it's risky to start doing too
much too soon.

I think it's a good idea to organize smaller mapping events, like mapping
parties, and then to go for organizing SOTM-2016. Having two
conferences/events may be a bit much. I think it's possible to submit a
proposal for SOTM-2016 and if it fails we can always try to organize
SOTM-EU (maybe with OSM-FR, I heard there have been some vague plans for
this) or SOTM-BE.

We should be able to finance this with only sponsors from the OSM-world as
has been done in the past. For sure if we get the venue from ULB. I think
our priority should be, apart from ongoing mapping parties and meetups, to
do this:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_Of_The_Map_2016/Call_for_venues

And to talk about how/who/when as soon as possible. We can reuse all our
efforts and the same group of people that has submitted the proposal for
SOTM-EU or SOTM-BE.

I think we need to focus on a clear goal, and SOTM 2016 could be just what
we need!

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen