Good news everyone! We're going on a long hike!

After contacts initiated by Jo, licencing advice by Glenn and Ben, and a
talk with Wouter and myself, the Flemish GR organization today gave us the
explicit permission to use the GPX files of their routes for improving the
GR routes mapped in OSM.

This is only a first step, they are considering managing their route
information completely within OpenStreetMap. I hope we can support them in
this direction. There are all kinds of ways that they can help us grow our
community, and ways in which we can support them. Feel free to start
thinking out loud in this thread.

Let's build something together which might inspire organisations worldwide
to follow their lead.

But enough with the emotions.

I already added them to the Contributors wiki [1] and I have uploaded the
supporting document to the wiki pages [2]. Maybe we can add a little
section to some more Belgium wiki pages too?
I made a little UMAP [3] to help with my first corrections [4]. It's a
public map, so feel free to use it (and maybe make a simple tool out of it
for tracking our progress in our cleanup?). I started adding
#groteroutepaden to my changesets [4]. If we all do that, it might help
make some cool statistics.

The GPX files can be downloaded when you get to the page for an individual
route at the bottom of the download section [5]. If you spot an error in
the GPX or reality, you can send it to them here [6].

1:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Grote_Routepaden_.28long_distance_paths_Flanders.29
2: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Licentie_GR_OSM.pdf
3: http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/nl/map/gr-vlaanderen_88642#14/50.8065/4.6619