Just take care with using the GPX files on the GR Vlaanderen website to _correct_ GR routes on OpenStreetMap without further concerns. The GPX files on that GR website are not always up to date. You should at least take in account the route corrections 'Trajectwijzigingen' on the GR website <http://www.groteroutepaden.be/nl/route/45/gr-5-noordzee---middellandse-zee---deel-vlaanderen.html>. Those corrections are sometimes in the GPX file and sometimes they aren't. And sometimes the route has been changed in the field but those changes are not in the GPX file nor is there already a change description on the GR website. So using the GPX files on the GR website to correct GR routes on OpenStreetMap can lead to creating faults instead of correcting one. Checking in the field can't be improved.

Some examples I recently encountered in Limburg:

 *   the GR 561 between 'Dilserbos Parking' and Opoeteren. I had the GR
   GPX on my GPS when I ran that track and discovered that the marks in
   the field took me along a deviating route on some points.Afterwards
   I saw that the deviations in the field are described as
   'Trajectwijzigingen' on the GR website but they weren't on the GPX.
 * The GR5 between Bokrijk and Kinderboerderij Kiewit has been changed
   in the field recently. It no longer follows a asphalt road but goes
   through a meadow as other walking routes do. This change isn't on
   the GR website but it is correct on Openstreetmap
   http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=16!50.9625!5.3861
   <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#?map=16%2150.9625%215.3861>

Besides corrections I see the advantage of using GR GPX files to put a GR route on Openstreetmap that was't tagged. But that is only possible for so far tracks or paths that are used are already on OSM. The qualification of those ways aren't on the the GPX file. You can only know them by following the GR in the field.

But I like GR Vlaanderen because they already offer GPX files for free on their website. In contrary to GR Sentiers in Wallonie where you can only find the GPX files of GR's for free on Openstreetmap (Waymarkedtrails.org). <http://hiking.waymarkedtrails.org/#route?id=4580796&map=12%2150.6159%215.7517> And they are all far better than GR Sentiers France that forced Openstreetmap to delete the tagged GR's because of copyright protection in France (after a holiday in the south of France I put a major part of GR /Route/ des /Cathares /on OSM. Meanwhile that GR relation that I did has been deleted but the paths that I added are still on the map. And there were new attempts to put that GR on OSM but for how long?).

Regards,

Erik //

what is on OSM it is result