Tuesday 07 June 2016 12:46:27, Killian De Volder:
> On 07-06-16 11:24, Santens Seppe wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > However, the description of bicycle_road in the Wiki [3] is different from
> > de definition of the cycle streets in Belgium (e.g. bicycle road implies
> > that cars are not allowed, this is not the case for our cycle streets). The
> > Dutch wiki suggests cycleway=cyclestreet [4], but cyclestreet=yes is also
> > used. So I ask you, dear community, what should we do? When there is a
> > consensus, it might be good to add this to the Belgian Wiki.
> >

> I see this problem a bit bigger:
>
> I think we should have a general register that defines what a tag implies for
> each road-law region (usually an entire country).
> (And this data should ideally not be stored in the Wiki, but rather inside
> OSM, or a file you can download to use in your routing-software.)
> For example all our highways are 120, but they are not tagged as such. So
> it's up to uninformed drivers and router-planners to figure this out.
>
> That or we define at-least the default and each mapper get to define the
> differences from the world-wide norm.
> (But this will cause newcomers to make many mistakes)
>
> (If there is already such a thing, still rather green ;)

I know of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Defaults

I didn't find a defaults relation for Belgium. (But I also didn't for France, I
got it via the wiki. While searching for France, I found one "France"
relation[1], while the defaults "apply" to another one[2].)

Maybe there are other efforts as well.

[1] http://osm.org/relation/11980
[2] http://osm.org/relation/2202162

--