Sometimes references contain language specific information. Some
substations have CAB 12 as reference. I assume CAB refers somehow to
Cabine, which would not have been there if we would live e.g. in
Russia.
The same with the 'E' / 'A' / 'N' used to indicate road nummers.

We never put the name of the street in name:nl for other roads, why
would we do that for vicinal roads ?

Another example that I want to map is:
https://xian.smugmug.com/OSM/OSM-2018/2018-09-22-Londerzeel/i-SndFGmx/A

As a simple surveyor that does not want to look at ancient road
atlasses I thought of mapping this just as

name=Pluimennest
alt_name=Merchtemscheweg
vicinal_ref=Voetweg 25

If there is another simple method to map "Voetweg" and "25" we could
use that as well. But I assume that the signs sometimes do not
correspond to what the "Atlas" has.

Note that Voetweg/Buurtweg is not always written as such. In Rumst
they use VW and BW followed by the number. This is much closer to the
usage of e.g. A12 (which we also do not write as Autoweg 12, nor as 12
with and extra designation or road type tag).

m.