I thought about this idea some more, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to
use ALL the polygons. Municipality governments tend to have several
competing "wijk" concepts, that usually are not official (ask me how I
know). Their names might coincide with what citizens think of when they say
Brugse Poort, but they might be defined differently. For example the Gent
"wijk" boundaries are bound to be based on statistical sectors (as defined
by statbel). But when those don't exactly match with your idea of a
neighborhood, they still are respected for practical reasons. The "wijk"
boundaries also cover the entire territory, even if there is no local
concept of the area being a "wijk" in the heads of the citizens. E.g. I
don't think anyone would say they are from "Stationsbuurt Noord".
I would propose only adding polygons for those neighborhoods where you feel
they are clearly defined (i.e. verifiable). This should be enough to stop a
data user from applying a "Malem" label to an address that is clearly
outside that neighborhood, without labelling all adresses with a
semi-random neighborhood.

The fact that "wijken" do not exist as a Flemish or Belgian level
administrative devision, means that it is hard to define how they should
the admin_level structure for admin_boundaries in Belgium; even if the
municipality would have officialized their existence at all.

Op wo 21 aug. 2019 om 09:41 schreef Santens Seppe <seppe.sant...@stad.gent>:

> Hi Pieter,
>

> It might take a bit more work to join the boundaries of the neighbourhoods
> with the existing boundaries of the city and the city sections. If the open
> data of the city of Ghent should diverge from what is already in OSM, it
> should be decided upon which dataset has the truth, which is not always
> straightforward J
>

> Cheers,
>

> Seppe

Joost Schouppe