From: Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:34 AM
To: OpenStreetMap Belgium <talk-be@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk-be] Telenav Mapping Project

Hallo Adrian,

thanks for reaching out before starting the project.

Just like the others here, I wonder how bad the situation is in Brussels in
your eyes. Do you have an overview of the wrong/missing data that you will try
to fix? Do you have a list of sources that you will use to correct those
problems? This information is missing in the TelenavMapping page you are
linking to.
Without this information, it's hard to tell whether your remote work will
improve the situation or undo the hard work of the local mapping community.

As for Flandres, we had a "street complete' project a few years ago that added
all missing roads. Furthermore, before I had spent 2 years or so on adding all
the turn:lanes on motorways, trunk and primary road, mainly in Flandres but
also in Brussels and Wallonia. It might be worth to do an update on that. Of
course, in the meantime, others have joined that project and have updated the
data all over the country.

regards

m.