Thanks Steve for the breakdown :)

I need to announce a couple points:
1 Calgary sits smack in the middle of 4 tiles, and same with other
cities, so that estimate 8, needs to be taken in as 4 of the '40'
estimate.
And winnipeg could be also like that too.

2 (imo) when Dale started producing the tiles, he started with the 8
or so 'popular' ones, (in our case, we can save these for later
-last), and made a call out requesting people ask for particular tiles
to work with.
As people started working, calls came in announcing errors. So with
some fixups (in the script) the next ones were better.

3 the technical process of converting, seems to be an automated, but
time intensive 1 person job, they will have the tiles and converted
files all on their computer, they will also know what tiles have been
loaded.
4 how we all can help is in the manual messaging of the data, and
reporting all 'bugs' in the script.

By starting with the ones that users are prepared to take 'ownership'
of the manual fixing, then once those tiles are 'imported & fixed' the
rest should be clear sailing.

I thing that sounds like a plan. Don't you?

Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails