On Sun, 7 Dec 2008, Steve Singer wrote:

My previous numbers were wrong, they excluded more data than they included.

Looking at planet_osm_roads isn't correct, planet_osm_line with
highway<>null seems to be what should have been using.

> It looks like 245 of the 250k (4 digit) NTS tiles have at least 1 'road' in
> OSM (see note 1).

Make that 284 NTS tiles with at least one road

> The Tofino BC is part of the 'Port Alberni'  250k tile 092F.  It has 103
> roads and is probably a good divider for discussion.
>
> 8 Tiles have more than 1000 roads in OSM
> (TORONTO,OTTAWA,QUEBEC,MONTREAL,KITCHENER,DETROIT,VANCOUVER)

Actually 33 titles have more than 1000, 5 tiles have close to 10,000+.
CALGARY and EDMONTON and BUFFALO should have been in the top 8.

> 40 tiles have more than 100 roads in  OSM.

About 100 tiles have 100 or more roads.

> 105 tiles have 20 or more roads.

Make that 180.

I'm not sure what any of this means to how we want to proceed.

Steve