From: G. Michael Carter [mailto:mikeycarter1...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of G.
Michael Carter
Sent: September 23, 2010 10:14
To: Bégin, Daniel
Cc: Talk-CA OpenStreetMap
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Sinking islands...

I notice for islands with names the name tag is on the natural=land.

On 23/09/10 10:00 AM, Bégin, Daniel wrote:

        Bonjour Michael,

        I wrote  "natural=land  area features are a duplicate of natural=water
inner polygon. It will be removed for the next release.  Point features will
still be there."

        I understand that natural=land has priority in the rendering. Rendering
will then "move" any overlapping features "under" the natural=land feature. It
means you are better remove natural=land area before importing.

        The standard case for an island is
        - an inner component of a relation type=multipolygon : natural=water
        - a polygon : natural=land
        - a polygon : natural=wood

        Remove the polygon natural=land and the polygon natural=wood will
render properly  in the hole created by the inner component of the
natural=water multipolygon.

        Daniel