On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, James Ewen wrote:

on this issue... well onto the build that tool side. I'm probably one
of the "problem children" causing issues importing Canvec data because
I lack the knowledge of how to fix all the errors that are reported by
JOSM. I can't even find out where the errors are to fix them, so I
import and then go back with Potlatch because I know how to get that
program to work.

Does anyone have a URL for a WMS layer that displays Canvec roadnames for the smaller roads? Everytime I've looked at the canvec WMS layers I've never seen names of non-highways show up.

If someone were to import a 100% pure canvec data an empty openstreetmap instance and render this as a background WMS layer would this then make editing/importing canvec data in Potlach easier? I think tracing a more verbose version of canvec might be less error prone for many people than importing direct from the .OSM files.

Is there anyone on list with a server/bandwith to do this?

Steve