On 31-3-2012 7:25, Richard Weait wrote:
Okay, so, ummmm.  Wow!

I've been looking around with the OSM Inspector to see how the license
clean up is progressing elsewhere.

You've been busy.

Victoria and Nanaimo looked pretty dire a few weeks ago.  They're in
much better shape now.  Southwestern Ontario looks great. The Niagara
peninsula and Golden Horseshoe look good.  Toronto and environs has
some minor issues still, but is much improved. All of that is super to
see.

There are some spots that could use your attention if you still have
some cleaning cycles before Sunday.  Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec, Sydney,
Fredericton and Sherbrooke could use some help. There is some
coastline to be cleaned near Sept-Iles.  Winnipeg and Brandon would
like your help.  Yorkton, up to Saskatoon and Lloydminster need some
love.  Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary would benefit from your
attention and there are still some areas near Whistler to improve.

If you are feeling some cross-border love, perhaps you'll help our
lake-mates with the US side of the Great Lakes?  The area near Sault
Sainte Marie should be looking better. Lake Ontario seems good as does
most of Erie.

Help out some more, if you can.  You've done a super job of sorting
out a lot of data.  That's great to see.  Be proud of yourselves.  :-)

If you haven't been using OSMI to help clean up, you should.  Have a
look.  Sorry for the looooong link.

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=-75.24686&lat=45.17431&zoom=7&opacity=0.41&overlays=overview,wtfe_point_clean,wtfe_line_clean,wtfe_point_harmless,wtfe_line_harmless,wtfe_point_inrelation,wtfe_line_inrelation_cp,wtfe_line_inrelation,wtfe_point_modified,wtfe_line_modified_cp,wtfe_line_modified,wtfe_point_created,wtfe_line_created_cp,wtfe_line_created

Hi Richard,

Working on Quebec. I've replaced about half of the affected roads with Canvec. The stray non-ODBL nodes (which happen to be along main streets) are due to nodes being reused for landuse. I'm not sure if those can be cleaned up in time (as I expect to be busy with the rest of the roads most of the day), but I'll try.

Frank