> From: Tom Taylor [mailto:tom.taylor.s...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Internal CanVec conflicts
>
> I've just performed my first edits, in our neighbourhood. One thing I
> noticed was that some of the buildings are duplicates. I assume this is
> part of what you are talking about when you mention internal CanVec
> conflicts. In the case of a local public school, I deleted one of the
> copies and dragged the other to match the Bing image. Was that the right
> thing to do?

The internal conflicts are within CanVec itself and of a different type. For
example, CanVec might say that the public school is both a school and a
forest at the same time.

It's hard to say without having seen the area, but what you saw sounds like
it's a case of someone not correctly merging CanVec with existing OSM data.
When someone imports CanVec they need to make sure it's properly integrated
with existing data and not duplicating it. They also need to not blindly
replace existing data with imported data.