On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Fabian Rodriguez wrote:

If no one else has a better proposal, I'd like to offer the assistance
of FACIL (http://facil.qc.ca) in managing this. I welcome any other
members of this list to join me in this offer.

Another proposal is to let OSMF register the domain and have them point it at a server with whatever we want to do with it. If OSMF owns the domain they could still point it at a community controlled server.

The nice thing about having OSMF host the domain over some other project like FACIL is that OSMF is focussed on openstreetmap and we don't have to worry about them losing interest in the project (or if they do the community has a much bigger re-hosting problem).

* I don't know what policies OSMF has (if any) for domains in cctlds. I am hope they would be willing to take over the domain if local community asks.

Steve