Of all the suggestions offered, OSMF seems like the most natural fit to me. That seems like it would very much keep the domain in the hands of the community, instead of an individual, which would guard against the individual becoming disinterested or unavailable. The biggest roadblock would be if that violated any of CIRA's rules (I'll poke around and see what I can learn).

And I would LOVE to see a group of community members actually DO something with the domain :-)

Thanks to everyone who has offered suggestions and assistance! If there are no compelling objections, I will start the transfer of the domain to OSMF in a few days.

- Darryl