On 06/11/2013 03:46 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
:-)

So, previous (Toronto) OSM Birthday parties / anniversaries have been social affairs, with food and drink and unstructured conversation. Usually (exclusively, to date ?) at a private residence.

Any thoughts about continuing on those points, or changes refinements that you'd like to enable?

An event that involves some actual surveying has some appeal to me. Maybe something targeted at getting the many of regulars at the mappy-hours to get back into mapping/surveying. A number of regulars at the mappy-hours once did a lot of mapping but haven't recently. I'd like to get them back into mapping, they still show up somewhat regularly at the events.

Also. If you have attended one or more of these events, what would you want to tell somebody who hasn't attended, so they can decide to attend or not?

They are lots of fun and you'll meet interesting people.

Steve