Hi Yves!

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Yves Moisan <ymoi...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Our old police station was turned into a business incubator :
[ ... ]
> 2) I added the addr:* info to the point symbol, not the building outline
> (canvec import).  I'm thinking the addr.* info really belongs to the
> building, as that's the only thing with a street address (with maybe

I agree.  Address information generally applied to the building.

The current building-polygon, with a contained building-point is an
unusual construction.  I would expect only one database item for the
building.  Either the point OR the polygon, but not both.

> Case in point : there are close to ten businesses in there now, one being a
> DIY shop that I would really like to map.  So should I name the building
> outline with the name of the incubator (the container) and remove the point
> symbol altogether, then add point symbols only for the constituent
> businesses that are hosted in the incubator?

That sounds great.  i use the same concept in mapping small shopping
areas, where one building contains a row of retail stores.  Address on
the containing building polygon, then several shop=something /
name=SomeThing points as appropriate.

Best regards and happy mapping,

Richard