I am starting to work on importing Open Data datasets. I am using
pnorman's ogr2osm script with modified translation files (see
https://github.com/andrewpmk/ogr2osm-translations). It will be some
time before I actually import anything.

I would like to assemble a list of government open data portals in
Canada which are compatible with the OSM license. Please add suitable
open data sources to
[https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada/Open_data]. If
they have already been fully imported then you should put a note on
that wiki page.

Also I am trying to figure out a way to import newer CanVec data. The
CanVec files in OSM format at <http://ftp2.cits.rncan.gc.ca/OSM/pub/>
are out of date and appear to have been created in 2010. Is the script
that was used to convert CanVec to OSM open source? It looks like
there is a new version of CanVec called CanVec+, has anyone here used
it yet? I am hoping to do something about the large amount of broken
imported data in OSM in Canada and we need a better way of fixing
broken CanVec data than copying from the Geobase WMS layer or cutting
and pasting from outdated .osm files from 2010.