From: James [mailto:james2...@gmail.com]
Sent: August-02-16 3:10 PM
To: john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com>
Cc: Talk-CA OpenStreetMap <talk-ca@openstreetmap.org>; Ellefsen, Bjenk
(STATCAN) <bjenk.ellef...@canada.ca>
Subject: Re: [Talk-ca] Crowdsourcing buildings with Statistics Canada

building=apartments should also be considered residential if not they are
tagged as offices. There is going to have to be grouping of some tags for
residential, commercial and industrial buildings to get a full tally

Yeah, terrace homes, duplexes, triplexes, condos may all have unique civic
addresses. Apartments may have the the same civic address but also includes an
apartment no which needs to be mapped differently then just assigning a address
to a building(you are now getting into entraces and addr:flats) example of a
terrace home: http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2688375179 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/262705861  this is the way they are doing it
in the UK (after many hours in IRC asking how to properly map them)

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 3:03 PM, john whelan