Hello Canada list,

I am interested in using some of the data provided by the City of Vancouver
under the "Open Government Licence – Vancouver" (
http://vancouver.ca/your-government/open-data-catalogue.aspx#tab19099).
According to the OSM wiki this is compatible with OSM's licence (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors#Vancouver), is this
accurate?

I want to do small imports of building traces, manually checking the
imagery against the Imagery. I guess this should still be considered to
finish off the section of Vancouver that does not have the buildings
traced. The quality of the data from the City of Vancouver is OK, not
amazing, in fact slightly lower than the average for Vancouver building
traces, but not outside the range. It would be trivial to improve the
traces to be better than average, and I would do so for what I import. It's
for a relatively small area, about 2km by 4.5km, and I would be doing lots
of manual fixes and inspection. So many that I'm not really sure that it's
exactly an import.

If the building traces goes smoothly, and has general acceptance, I might
use other data from the listed datasets.

What do the folks on this list say? Am I good to go ahead with this?

Thanks for any input.

Keith