I should mention that there are others in Ottawa working on completing the buildings. The City import only had urban buildings.  Since the city of Ottawa is the largest rural city in Canada, so much work still to do. See http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/114 and http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/100

On 2018-01-25 11:13 PM, Matthew Darwin wrote:

Hi Steve,

I'm not who the "movers and shakers" are really.   There is nobody really *driving* this project that I am aware of (the wiki suggests we should have a steering committee).   Every time I see email sent to the original distribution list of people invited to the meeting last September, I suggest the conversation continue here, but never really does.    (there is no conversation really)

What happened to all the agencies in that meeting that suggested this was a good idea?  What are they doing to contribute?  I have no idea.

Personally I'm spending on average several days/week working on improving OSM in the City of Ottawa.  (http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?Matthew%20Darwin). My focus is roads geometry (mostly done... remaining work is pending getting info from the City of Ottawa... waiting 6 months with no answers) then addresses (in progress) then we'll see what's next.... Probably I will make the tooling I've worked on available as open source, and then do work on buildings.