On 2018-02-12 06:05 PM, Stewart Russell wrote:
On Feb 12, 2018 17:51, "Matthew Darwin" <matt...@mdarwin.ca <mailto:matt...@mdarwin.ca>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I am now reviewing the *addr**:city* tag. Seems we are not very
    consistent how we use it. For example, Toronto:

     110707 City of Toronto    9603 Toronto

With my minimalist mapping hat on (it's invisible), if a municipality has a boundary defined, we absolutely don't need addr:city (or province or country) in address points.

This is the same logic of why the addr:city=Ottawa tags are few and far between.

I'm happy to have the discussion about removing redundant tags.