Take ORS as an example in bicycle mode. If you happen to pick any sidewalk when
clicking your route points it will route to the sidewalks. Since the sidewalk
and street ways are so close this happen all the time unless you totally
zoom-in to add any routing point . If the sidewalk had bicycle=no I am not sure
if it would just snap to the closest allowed street but I would think so. Of
course if you don’t add any intermediate points and you only route from A to B
this won’t happen, but in real life cyclist do more complex routes than this
when planning a trip or ride.