On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:52:24PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > No, it doesn't. Talking is great (like I say, especially if you talk
> > to someone who can actually do something), but it's got past that
> > stage now.
>
> I think the original poster was not complaining about any particular
> aspect of "Potlatch the software" that could be improved, even if he
> were a Flash programmer. I think this is just the umpteenth instance of
> "we don't want any more newbies in our project ... or at least I don't
> want them modify MY data".
>
> Newbies tend to make mistakes and they tend to use Potlatch. It is not
> Potlatch that induces mistakes.

I dont think anyone wants to exclude newbies - Letting others modify
"my" data is a hard task to actually watch at least when you know better
about the area but thats life - get over it. One has to tell himeself
that this leads to a better map in the end.

I have watched/read some of the other potlatch bashing and i have seen
it happing in the area i feel home too. Potlatch is the right tool for
the right audience - it brings the entry level to a point where my mum
and dad could make good maps. On the other end i think it makes it a
little too easy to trash data - i havent got any real ideas to make it
harder to trash data and easier to create correct new ones - probably we
should get Steve Jobs to look over it :).

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]             +49-171-2280134
        Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little