I've previously found it valuable to have the ward boundaries in OSM, and
am responsible for all the Southwark (not Lambeth) ward boundaries, plus a
few Lambeth, Croydon and Bromley. Sometimes the misalignment of open data
and OSM data can lead to mistakes. It's not a big deal if they aren't in,
but I don't see any reason to say they *shouldn't* be.

If you're going to update them (great!) I think they work better as
relations using - where relevant - existing objects like roads where they
go down the middle of a road. Otherwise, again, things can get misaligned
and otherwise go wrong. So a straight import isn't as good an option as the
rather more painstaking manual approach.

Tom

m: 07866 447 075
w: http://tomchance.org