If the position of the boundary is imported from a source that ultimately has a
very high precision, for example Ordnance Survey or a Council's GIS system
through a shapefile or similar, then the location as recorded in OSM will
likely be more accurate than what would be obtained from tracing from aerial
photos. In other words, if a boundary and a road/railway/etc *almost* coincide,
more consideration should be given to moving the road to match the imported
boundary than the other way around.

Having said that, the exact line of a boundary tends to get frozen at the
moment the Order is made, even if the road/railway/etc is subsequently
realigned. I strongly recommend that boundaries and other features do *not* get
combined or even share nodes, unless it can be demonstrated that the link
between them is dynamic, i.e. a change to one necessarily means a change to the
other.