Hi all,

I’m reasonably new to editing OSM so please forgive any massive misunderstandings/blunders I am making.

That being said my question is: what pavement (sidewalk) mapping style should be used around the Berkshire (Reading) area? I understand there are some conflicting ideas between how it should be done (a tag on the main road vs a completely separate mapped way) and the wiki states that one should ask their local community as to the way to go about aiding the map (which seems acceptable to me).

So this is me asking. The current style in use around me is the tags on the main road, but I feel like a separate way would map the actual locations of the pavements better, which would aid a small project I’m hoping to do.

Any advice on whether I could start this remodelling would be fab.

Cheers!

Clive.